Sunday, May 19, 2013

Day 32

Start mileage 98561
End mileage  99042
Daily total 481
Ride total 8067

I am sitting here after finishing my ride today thinking, I wonder where I was when I started today. Yes I am kind of tired. Oh yes! I started in Troy, Il.. You know everything seems to run together.

Got up early. Around 5:30 am. Decided to redo yesterday and get an early start. Got up did daily duties, packed all my stuff. Carried out to bike and loaded up. Hit the road about 6:38 am. Heading East of course on I70. At 80 mph I might add. It was overcast again and I was wanting to get out of the way of thunder storms forecast for later on in the morning.

I stopped after some 100 miles for breakfast. The sign said BBQ place. They are open seven days a week and serve breakfast. I had short stack and  eggs over easy on top. Not great but breakfast. Then back on the bike to continue my journey.

Rode through Illinois and into Indiana That includes Terre Haute, Indianapolis and Richmond.  Into Ohio through Columbus and I thought it was too early to quit just yet so I rode until my butt said enough is enough. I stopped in Zanesville at another cheap motel. Still spent $67.00 on the room for just one night. Call me cheap.

I did get rained on before hitting Columbus Ohio. It started to rain then got progressively faster. I decided to pull over under a bridge. I thought might as well have lunch. Had my usual Peanut butter and Ranch Dressing rolls and milk. Well after lunch was over, BTW, I dripped ranch dressing all over the side of my bike, it is even in the back speaker. I will have fun cleaning this. Oh yes! and another BTW, I am now missing a piece of my back seat. The missing piece has come out before but never to the point that I lost it. So I believe remodeling of the bike will be in order when I get home. If you remember I had a run into with dried manure and straw just yesterday and had to wash the bike. That probably means there is dried manure (shit) in the air filters. Just some things to have the mechanic look at and things to replace. So I put on my rain pants and started out again. Wouldn't you know it. Just 10 miles or so down the road it stopped raining and never rained again today. I am sitting on the bike in 80+ degree temps with this rubber pants thing on and sweating my behind  off just because I didn't want to get it wet. I will rethink my decisions on riding in the rain from now on.

So I am in a motel. I have somewhat recuperated from today's ride and plan on hitting Denny's down the road. BTW, I will be walking to it since I am very much done riding for today.

Looks like only 314 miles to good old Dillsburg and my baby and  her cat. I am looking forward to that.

TTFN

2 comments:

  1. I think the cat misses you too!! Glad you are almost home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out http://www.corbin.com/honda/gw18.shtml

    I've heard some amazing things about their seats. . . Supposed to be extremely comfortable. .

    ReplyDelete