Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Day 21


Start mileage 94976
End mileage 95295
Daily total mileage  319
Trip to date mileage  4320

Today is a day that I have been looking forward to. Ride to Las Vegas to visit my son and his family. My Phoenix friend and I got up and ready to leave for an 8:00 am start. Packed up the trailer. Tried something new and found a little bit of space I didn't know I had. I have several new items to drag along now.


We pretty much hit our target time. Off to get gas, ice and rolls for lunch. Modern technology is great but sometimes a pain. Seems the garage door that was shut when we left opened all on its own. We had to go back and shut it. Then off on the 101 Loop to Grand Ave. Out Grand hitting every darn red light on the street. Following route 60 north west towards Vegas.
Scenic views along the road to Phoenix





Somewhere out side the city two Harley riders got in front of us at a red light. We followed them for maybe twenty or more miles. Finally there was a passing lane and we passed them. After a while a Butt Break was called and we stopped alongside the road. The Harley riders passed us. Later in Wikieup, AZ at a gas stop these two Harley riders were already there. I pulled up to them and started chatting. These two fellows are from Toronto, Canada. They flew into Phoenix and rented the Harleys. They too were going to Las Vegas. Seems they are returning to Phoenix tomorrow and phone numbers were exchanged so my friend and they could hook up to ride back.
Toronto Riders
 
After a while getting closer to the Nevada boarder I had to stop again cause I found myself closing my eyes at 70 miles and hour which might not be too wise. After  a good wake up along side the road we finally found the Nevada boarder at the Hoover Dam.
Lake Meade view



Stopped to walk out on the bridge in front of the dam.

Project facts if you can read them.

I can see the Transformers and Autobots fighting on this dam in the movies. For those who don't know the transformer movies an alien was frozen in here.

Stopped at Boulder City and their Visitor Information Center. The lady there really know her stuff. She gave me directions directly to Nellis AFB.

Once at Pass and ID a call to my son and he was out to sponsor us for passes to get onto the base. At his house at last it was a relaxing time to just sit and recoup from the ride here. Visiting with the family is nice.

1 comment:

  1. so glad to see you got some fresh batteries for the camera!

    jlk

    ReplyDelete