Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 3

April 12th

Finish mileage 119,123
Start mileage    118,738
Total miles for the day 385 miles
Total miles for ride so far 1182
Start time today 9:00 am 
Finish time today 2:30 pm

Up this morning at 5:00 am to hit the Fitness Center before riding today. After two days on the bike just sitting there and a lousy experience yesterday in Kingsport Fitness Center I needed to have some work for my diabetic legs and feet to do. Thank heavens for a Garmin GPS. Entered the address in and hit the road at 6:00 am. About 15 miles later the Anytime Fitness Center looked real good. No one was there so I used my FOB to open the members door. Nice looking place with Schwinn equipment. Found a recumbent bike with a fan and hand levers to move as  you pedal. Man what a work out. After 20 minutes I was  sweating,  my heart rate must have been in the 128 BPM area or higher. Figuring out the digital read out just didn't fit into my forte. Several regular strength exercises felt real good.  



BTW, these two cartoons were on the bulletin board at the fitness center



Back to the hotel and a filling breakfast. Brought in my own fruit since most economy hotels do not provide fruit. Hit the room and took another  shower. Packed my duds and loaded  the bike. 

Back on the road again. Had gas from yesterday so the distance was ready to be accomplished. Nice morning, warmer than yesterday. Still wore jacket with wind block shell and the quilted  lining. Road for an hour and stopped for coffee and a pit stop. Time to take off the shell and clothes. Back on the road for another while until my rear could  sit no more and the bike said it was thirsty. Coffee hit the spot and was very refreshing. Back on the road  after gas fill up. 

Ran through Nashville with out much difficulty. Did I mention I love my Garmin GPS? Much to my suprise I discovered the little red E stating I  was  running out of gas was showing. Managed  to fine a station and filled up. The gas tank took 5.7 gallons, the tank holds 6.6 gallons. I could have gone further but just call me chicken. 

Back on the road reaching Conway Arkansas, the stop for the night.

Pulled into the hotel to a cheering crowd. It  was around 2:30 pm but already there were some 30 or so Goldwings there. Pulled into a parking spot that would be used over night, now way was the bike being moved until morning. For some reason I must have looked  hungry, the local GWRRA chapter had two hugh smokers working. 


Well, turning down hot and delicious food was not going to happen. First one through the line  was breaking the ice for the other riders. While eating  Charlie and Tom, two friends from our home chapter arrived. They too got food as soon as they could. It was really hot, around 82 and we were all out in the sun. I might have gotten some sun tan.

After a while someone was telling us there was a meeting for all riders. Turns out there was a group photo op, 50/50 drawing. Found out who the  ride lead is for my group that organizes here in Arkansas. We will be meeting at 6:30 am tomorrow morning to ride together to our first stop.

Time now for blogging and then shower and  the wonderful bed that is sitting behind me calling my name.

Well you know what I will be doing soon,

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment