Monday, April 20, 2015

Day 11

April 20th.

Finish mileage   121,218
Start mileage    120,945
Total miles for the day 273 miles
Total miles for ride so far 3277
Special alert! the internet speed is so slow here at the KOA that i will have to wait until tomorrow night with a better connect to up load pictures. Check back in a day or so.


Got up early this morning to the sounds of Dessert Quail running all over the place. They are so cute. There were also rabbits running around but they didn't make any noise. I tried to copy the rabbits since it was only 5:00 am local time and all were still asleep. Being a Monday there were not many at the Clothing Optional Resort since many still have to work. All the retired people stay during the week. 


Took a walk over to the bath house. It was a little cool with the draft I was getting. Upon returning I took care of meds and testing. Blood sugar a little above my running average. I will be endevoring to do better today with my food intake and keep my eye on what foods to eat. Took down tent and repacked the trailer. Left with very little noise and no one even knew I was gone.

Last evening sitting with some of the tenters I was advised that going back one exit would be a good idea to replace my non-functioning Coleman stove. I took the advise, the next exit back was only a few miles.  First things first called for fillling up at Circle K (I used to work for them right before we left Phoenix), then some  breakfast at Dennys, Walmart was next for a replacement stove and some food and ice.

Out in the lot at Walmart I pulled out the old stove and sat if between two trash recepticles. The new stove went in to the trailer in the same spot. All the food found a home either in the  trailer or the cooler. More ice was also purchased. Something you have to keep after because it only lasts so long.

Now back on the road again. Keeping the gas tank full on the Gold Wing is a good idea when you don't know about availability along your route. I stopped at another Circle K in Flagstaff. Purchased some needed coffee and had lunch out on the parking lot. Then off towards Williams, AZ and  the KOA campgrounds which were reserved for me. I checked in rather early but there were not many people around then. Got to the cabin to discover only one outlet in the cabin too far away from the table surface I will use for computer work tonight. Left a request for an extension cord. While waiting for the cord I layed down on the bed and fell asleep for 30 to 45 minutes. I felt energized, sort of. 


 Scene across the road from campground.




Great bath house. It was cold in morning but the water was hot and the shower felt exillerating. 

Left trailer at campsite and rode the 50 miles to the Grand Canyon. Man was  I dissapointed. That darm canyon is  really deep. My Vertigo kept me from getting close to the edge. At the look out you have too look straight down to see the bottom. I had never given that a thought. Well,I man upped and held onto the railing and took several pictures. They are neat and I would  have loved to tour all around the canyon but who am I kidding. Now way in hell I was going to suffer from more vertigo just for pictures. Taking the tour bus back to the visitors center seemed like the thing for a defeated person to do. 













Back on the bike and away to the campgounds. After 50 miles of problem free driving the campgrounds looked  a little fuller. Parking and setting up camp was not to difficult since I have had some practise. The new stove worked well and supper was prepared and wolfed down in no time. 

The KOA has wifi but it took some effort to get signed on and  then speed is very slow. The lady at the desk said that way out here you have to accept what you get. Maybe so, maybe not. Anyway I am on the internet and blogging tonight.

I hope to find routes and places to stay over in  New Mexico and also an Anytime Fitness Center on my way.

TTFN

1 comment: